(Above: Melissa McCarthy as Lee Israel. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Can You Ever Forgive Me?, featuring Oscar-nominated performances by Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant, will be available for purchase online starting Tuesday, February 5.
Based on a true story, McCarthy plays alcoholic misanthrope Lee Israel, a former best-selling writer who, down on her luck, hatches a literary forgery scheme. She reluctantly engages homeless gadabout Jack Hock (Grant) as a henchman, but things go awry.
The cast also includes SNL‘s Jane Curtin as Israel’s agent.
Pricing was not announced, but the film will be available via several services participating in Movies Anywhere.
Movies Anywhere allows viewers to use one free online account to store movies bought from Amazon, Vudu, iTunes, FandangoNow, Google Play and other providers. The titles are then watchable via connective TV and mobile devices. In addition, some DVDs include copy codes to view digital versions on Movies Anywhere.
Movies from Disney, Sony, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros. can be migrated to Movies Anywhere accounts. To find out if a film is available, you can use the search function on Movies Anywhere’s website or app. Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM do not currently participate.
When you sign up for your free account, Movies Anywhere will request authorization to share information about your movie viewing activities with retailers, film studios and other services.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021