(Above: Melissa McCarthy as Lee Israel. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Can You Ever Forgive Me?, featuring Oscar-nominated performances by Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant, will be available for purchase online starting Tuesday, February 5.
Based on a true story, McCarthy plays alcoholic misanthrope Lee Israel, a former best-selling writer who, down on her luck, hatches a literary forgery scheme. She reluctantly engages homeless gadabout Jack Hock (Grant) as a henchman, but things go awry.
The cast also includes SNL‘s Jane Curtin as Israel’s agent.
Pricing was not announced, but the film will be available via several services participating in Movies Anywhere.
Movies Anywhere allows viewers to use one free online account to store movies bought from Amazon, Vudu, iTunes, FandangoNow, Google Play and other providers. The titles are then watchable via connective TV and mobile devices. In addition, some DVDs include copy codes to view digital versions on Movies Anywhere.
Movies from Disney, Sony, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros. can be migrated to Movies Anywhere accounts. To find out if a film is available, you can use the search function on Movies Anywhere’s website or app. Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM do not currently participate.
When you sign up for your free account, Movies Anywhere will request authorization to share information about your movie viewing activities with retailers, film studios and other services.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021