(Above: John Malkovich as Poirot. Source: YouTube screenshot)
John Malkovich plays detective Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie’s The ABC Murders, coming to Amazon Prime this Friday, February 1.
Based on Christie’s 1936 novel of the same name, Amazon’s The ABC Murders finds Poirot racing against time – and across Britain – to stop a serial killer known only as “A.B.C.” from committing his next murder.
Of course, The ABC Murders has been previously adapted for film and TV.
In the movies, Tony Randall played Poirot in 1965’s The Alphabet Murders. It’s not streaming anywhere, so relish this clip:
In 1992, The ABC Murders kicked off season four of ITV’s Agatha Christie’s Poirot, which ran on PBS in the US. You can now see the two-hour episode, with David Suchet as Poirot, on subscription streamer Britbox – or free right here via Dailymotion:
In 2004, The ABC Murders was adapted for a four-episode arc of a Japanese anime series, Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives: Poirot and Marple.Here’s part one:
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021