X On Demand (XOD), featuring works by black filmmakers, has launched.
How does XOD differ from other streamers targeting the African-American audience? XOD says it helps users connect via friend’s lists, direct messaging,live public and private text, and video chat on movie and show pages.
“We’re already using a mix of platforms to voice our opinions on shows and movies we’ve watched,” explained XOD Founder and CEO Rashidah De Vore. “Why not have it all in one place?”
You can currently find XOD online at xod.tv, with mobile apps promised for later in the year.
XOD has three viewing options: free, with commercials; $4.99/month, which removes the commercials and adds video chatting for up to three users; and $9.99/month, which adds another five users to the video chat capabilities. For now though, the first 5,000 people who sign up for the service will get the $4.99 plan for free.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021