(Above source: YouTube screenshot)
Netflix has debuted the second, eight-episode season of the Italian-British period drama about the historic Medici family called Medici: The Magnificent.
Season two picks up 20 years after season one, Medici: Masters of Florence.
It’s 1469, the Renaissance is flourishing, and two powerful banking families – the de Medicis and the Pazzis – are rivals. The attempted assassination of Piero de Medici (Julian Sands) forces his son Lorenzo (Daniel Sharman), aka The Magnificent, to take the reins. With brother Giuliano (Bradley James) and artist Sandro Botticelli (Sebastian De Souza) supporting him, Lorenzo foments a new era of politics and creativity. But this leads to a clash with Jacopo (Game of Thrones‘ Sean Bean), the Pazzi paterfamilias, who is determined to bring him down. Thus, the infamous Pazzi conspiracy is born.
Medici: Masters of Florence, stars another Game of Thrones’ alum, Richard Madden, as Cosimo the Elder, who was elected head of the Florentine Republic in 1434. Cosimo inherited the Bank of Medici from his father Giovanni (Dustin Hoffman), who was poisoned by an unknown assassin. Season one offered flashbacks of Giovanni, his relationship with his sons Cosimo and Lorenzo (Stuart Martin), and early 15th century Florence.
You can stream both seasons now on Netflix.
- Classic Oscar Binge - February 20, 2019
- Romano in ‘Paddleton’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘The Oath’ Season 2 - February 19, 2019
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019