Subscription streamer MHz Choice describes Welcome to Hindafing, debuting today, as “likened to a German Lilyhammer, a backwoods House of Cards and a Bavarian Fargo.”
The dark satire stars Maximilian Brückner (Reformation) as a provincial Bavarian mayor who wants to build a refugee asylum center to launder money, to kick his drug addiction, and to settle a paternity suit. He also builds a mall for organic food. “But nothing turns out as planned.”
The six-part series originally ran on Bavaria’s BR Television in 2017. MHz has dropped the first two episodes today, with two more debuting each of the next two Tuesdays.
MHZ Choice, which runs its foreign-language content with English subtitles, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- BitMovio’s Beta Launch - February 20, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Workin’ Moms’ - February 20, 2019
- Davis, Pride & ‘Me’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘Amos ‘n Andy Anatomy’ - February 15, 2019
- Unlikely Superheroes - February 15, 2019
- HG Wells & JJ Abrams - February 14, 2019
- ‘Singer Presents…Elvis’ - February 13, 2019
- Classic TV Weddings - February 13, 2019
- ‘The Way We Weren’t’ - February 12, 2019
- ‘Moscow Never Sleeps’ - February 12, 2019