Subscription streamer MHz Choice describes Welcome to Hindafing, debuting today, as “likened to a German Lilyhammer, a backwoods House of Cards and a Bavarian Fargo.”
The dark satire stars Maximilian Brückner (Reformation) as a provincial Bavarian mayor who wants to build a refugee asylum center to launder money, to kick his drug addiction, and to settle a paternity suit. He also builds a mall for organic food. “But nothing turns out as planned.”
The six-part series originally ran on Bavaria’s BR Television in 2017. MHz has dropped the first two episodes today, with two more debuting each of the next two Tuesdays.
MHZ Choice, which runs its foreign-language content with English subtitles, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR19. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019
- A QVC Talk Show! - August 8, 2019
- Recommended by Humans - August 7, 2019