The second season of Star Trek: Discovery will debut tomorrow, January 17, on subscription streaming service CBS All Access.
Season two, if you will, also serves as the space seed for an upcoming spinoff starring Michelle Yeoh, who plays Captain Philippa Georgiou. At the end of Discovery’s first season, Georgiou was being recruited to Starfleet’s Section 31 division, a shadow organization within the Federation. The new season will set the stage for the new series, which is still in development.
Discovery’s second season will also introduce a young version of Mr. Spock, played by Gregory Peck’s grandson, Ethan Peck. This Spock sports a beard, but presumably is not evil (non-fans can check the original series’ “Mirror Mirror” episode for more on this reference).
Discovery is set about a decade before the events of the original series. The Federation is at war with the Klingon Empire, and although this is a different starship crew, Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount), whose character was introduced in the 1960s series, is now a show regular.
The cast includes Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Mary Wiseman and Jason Isaacs.
More Star Trek to Come
Several other Star Trek series are on the drawing board at CBS All Access.
Star Trek: Short Treks will be a short story anthology connected to Discovery and the overall Star Trek universe.
A still-untitled series will see Patrick Stewart reprise his role of Jean-Luc Picard, the Enterprise captain from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
A new animated series, Star Trek: Lower Decks, is also coming.
- Classic Oscar Binge - February 20, 2019
- Romano in ‘Paddleton’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘The Oath’ Season 2 - February 19, 2019
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019