(Above: Jon Bernthal in ‘The Punisher.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Marvel’s The Punisher will debut a second 13-episode season this Friday, January 18, on Netflix.
Jon Bernthal stars as Frank Castle, a vigilante who earned the title moniker after using brutal methods to avenge his family’s death.
In season two, Castle gets drawn to a mystery involving the attempted murder of a young girl (Giorgia Whigham) and those who want the information she holds. Meanwhile, Castle’s former brother-in-arms Billy Russo (Ben Barnes), who is recovering from a traumatic brain injury suffered at Frank’s hands, is slowly starting to recollect what happened.
The cast includes Amber Rose Revah, Jason R. Moore, Josh Stewart and Floriana Lima.
You can binge season one of The Punisher now on Netflix.
The Punisher first appeared on the big screen in 1989.
Dolph Lundgren (aka Rocky IV’s Russian bruiser Drago) played Castle in that version, which is currently unavailable to stream.
Jane even reprised the character for a 10-minute 2012 short called, The Punisher: Dirty Laundry:
Finally, British actor Ray Stevenson, known to American audiences for his role in HBO’s Rome, played Castle in Punisher: War Zone. You can stream that film with a Netflix subscription; or rent it from $3.99 on YouTube or other platforms.
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019