(Above: Jon Bernthal in ‘The Punisher.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Marvel’s The Punisher will debut a second 13-episode season this Friday, January 18, on Netflix.
Jon Bernthal stars as Frank Castle, a vigilante who earned the title moniker after using brutal methods to avenge his family’s death.
In season two, Castle gets drawn to a mystery involving the attempted murder of a young girl (Giorgia Whigham) and those who want the information she holds. Meanwhile, Castle’s former brother-in-arms Billy Russo (Ben Barnes), who is recovering from a traumatic brain injury suffered at Frank’s hands, is slowly starting to recollect what happened.
The cast includes Amber Rose Revah, Jason R. Moore, Josh Stewart and Floriana Lima.
You can binge season one of The Punisher now on Netflix.
The Punisher first appeared on the big screen in 1989.
Dolph Lundgren (aka Rocky IV’s Russian bruiser Drago) played Castle in that version, which is currently unavailable to stream.
Jane even reprised the character for a 10-minute 2012 short called, The Punisher: Dirty Laundry:
Finally, British actor Ray Stevenson, known to American audiences for his role in HBO’s Rome, played Castle in Punisher: War Zone. You can stream that film with a Netflix subscription; or rent it from $3.99 on YouTube or other platforms.
- Stuck in ‘Castle Rock’ - October 22, 2019
- Visiting Old ‘Haunt'(s) - October 22, 2019
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019