(Above: Teresa Palmer and Matthew Goode in ‘A Discovery of Witches.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
A Discovery of Witches, a fantasy-romance drama starring Downton Abbey’s Matthew Goode, will bow on two streaming services — Sundance Now and Shudder — Thursday, January 17.
The eight-episode series stars Hacksaw Ridge‘s Teresa Palmer as an Oxford University-based historian who is also a witch trying to deny her wiccan heritage. When she stumbles upon a long-lost bewitched manuscript, she enters a dangerous underworld. Along the way she encounters a vampire and geneticist (Goode), who hides a dark family secret.
The cast also includes Alex Kingston, Valarie Pettiford and Owen Teale.
The show is based on American Deborah Harkness’ 2011 debut novel of the same name.
A Discovery of Witches originally aired on the UK’s Sky One, which is reportedly planning a second and third season.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial.
Shudder costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually following a seven-day free trial.
- PBS Masterpiece Binge - June 14, 2019
- Lunar History - June 13, 2019
- Museum Binge Series - June 13, 2019
- Free ‘Desus & Mero’ - June 12, 2019
- Review: Netflix ‘Roasts’ - June 11, 2019
- ‘Strange Angel’ Returns - June 11, 2019
- Gen Z Celebrity - June 10, 2019
- ‘Nele Neuhaus Mysteries’ - June 7, 2019
- Bad Piggy - June 6, 2019
- ‘The Black Godfather’ - June 6, 2019