(Above: Teresa Palmer and Matthew Goode in ‘A Discovery of Witches.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
A Discovery of Witches, a fantasy-romance drama starring Downton Abbey’s Matthew Goode, will bow on two streaming services — Sundance Now and Shudder — Thursday, January 17.
The eight-episode series stars Hacksaw Ridge‘s Teresa Palmer as an Oxford University-based historian who is also a witch trying to deny her wiccan heritage. When she stumbles upon a long-lost bewitched manuscript, she enters a dangerous underworld. Along the way she encounters a vampire and geneticist (Goode), who hides a dark family secret.
The cast also includes Alex Kingston, Valarie Pettiford and Owen Teale.
The show is based on American Deborah Harkness’ 2011 debut novel of the same name.
A Discovery of Witches originally aired on the UK’s Sky One, which is reportedly planning a second and third season.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial.
Shudder costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually following a seven-day free trial.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021