(Above: Ncuti Gatwa and Asa Butterfield in ‘Sex Education.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Sex Education, a coming of age dramedy about a teenage boy (Hugo’s Asa Butterfield) being raised by a sex-therapist mother (X-Files’ Gillian Anderson), debuts this Friday, January 11, on Netflix.
The eight-episode series, produced by UK-based Eleven for Netflix, is billed as “a contemporary British love letter to American high school TV shows.”
Having a mother who is a “sex guru” makes the insecure Butterfield an expert on the subject in the eyes of his high school peers. He sets up an underground sex therapy clinic with two classmates (Emma Mackey, Ncuti Gatwa) to help fellow students deal with a variety of issues, but comes to realize he too could use some counseling.
Laurie Nunn created and wrote Sex Education.
For more, visit Netflix.
- ‘Trigger Warning’ - January 17, 2019
- IMDb’s ‘UnMade’ - January 17, 2019
- ‘Discovery’ Returns - January 16, 2019
- Glutton for ‘Punisher’ - January 14, 2019
- ‘Witches’ & Streamers - January 11, 2019
- Sex Ed Dramedy - January 10, 2019
- 100 Milestone Films - January 9, 2019
- Animation for Adults - January 8, 2019
- Back to the Future Man - January 8, 2019
- Sophomore ‘Friends’ - January 7, 2019