(Above: Ncuti Gatwa and Asa Butterfield in ‘Sex Education.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Sex Education, a coming of age dramedy about a teenage boy (Hugo’s Asa Butterfield) being raised by a sex-therapist mother (X-Files’ Gillian Anderson), debuts this Friday, January 11, on Netflix.
The eight-episode series, produced by UK-based Eleven for Netflix, is billed as “a contemporary British love letter to American high school TV shows.”
Having a mother who is a “sex guru” makes the insecure Butterfield an expert on the subject in the eyes of his high school peers. He sets up an underground sex therapy clinic with two classmates (Emma Mackey, Ncuti Gatwa) to help fellow students deal with a variety of issues, but comes to realize he too could use some counseling.
Laurie Nunn created and wrote Sex Education.
For more, visit Netflix.
- PBS Masterpiece Binge - June 14, 2019
- Lunar History - June 13, 2019
- Museum Binge Series - June 13, 2019
- Free ‘Desus & Mero’ - June 12, 2019
- Review: Netflix ‘Roasts’ - June 11, 2019
- ‘Strange Angel’ Returns - June 11, 2019
- Gen Z Celebrity - June 10, 2019
- ‘Nele Neuhaus Mysteries’ - June 7, 2019
- Bad Piggy - June 6, 2019
- ‘The Black Godfather’ - June 6, 2019