(Above: Corrine Masiero as ‘Captain Marleau,” © France 3)
Subscription streamer MHz Choice serves a French feast this month, starting with the gastronomical drama, Chefs, and continuing with anthology series Murder In… and detective hit Captain Marleau.
Chefs originally ran on the France 2 channel in 2015 and 2016. Its first season (six hour-long episodes) debuted New Year’s Day on MHz, with the second season (eight episodes) to drop on Tuesday, January 15.
In the meantime, this coming Tuesday, January 8, will bring the first two episodes of Murder In …, an anthology crime drama.
Each 90-minute episode is filmed in a different region of France. At last count, 28 of them have run on the France 3 channel since 2013. After the debut, MHz will drop two additional episodes on January 15, another two on January 22 and three on January 29.
Also on January 29, Captain Marleau will debut. This 90-minute detective drama stars Corrine Masiero as the title character. She’s described by series creator Elsa Marpeau as a combination of Peter Falk’s Columbo, Raymond Chandler’s Philip Marlowe and Fargo’s Marge Gunderson.
We don’t know how many episodes of Captain Marleau will drop on the 29th, but we can tell you that 15 episodes have run on France 3 since 2014, that the series has been setting ratings records, and that French superstar Gérard Depardieu takes center stage in episode one.
MHZ Choice, which runs its foreign-language content with English subtitles, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code HOLIDAY18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021