(Above: GEICO’s ‘Hump Day.’. Source: YouTube screenshot)
If it seems like auto insurer GEICO is everywhere, that’s because it is.
Insurance companies forked over $3.9 billion for TV advertising in 2018 (Jan.1 – Nov. 30), according to Broadcasting & Cable. The insurance category was second only to automakers in ad spend, and GEICO was tops in that group, accounting for 27.9% of spending and 22.4% of all ad impressions.
Thankfully, over the last 10-plus years, GEICO ads have had a knack for being memorably funny, not unforgettably grating.
The insurer knows its ads are good, which is why its latest promotion, “The Best of GEICO,” invites viewers to watch and vote for their favorite GEICO commercials through February 5. Viewers can also enter a contest for a chance to appear in an upcoming GEICO ad.
Below are three of the entrants:
“Maxwell the Pig”
To view all 10 competing commercials, visit geico.com. And as David Letterman would advise: please, no wagering.
- ‘Hanna’ on Prime - March 26, 2019
- Classic Conan - March 25, 2019
- Classical Music Contest - March 21, 2019
- Eclectic Indie Streamer - March 20, 2019
- Remastered ‘Farscape’ - March 19, 2019
- Why Streamers Quit - March 19, 2019
- Prime PBS Living - March 18, 2019
- Netflix Adult Animation - March 15, 2019
- Free Arts Telethon - March 14, 2019
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ - March 14, 2019