(Above: GEICO’s ‘Hump Day.’. Source: YouTube screenshot)
If it seems like auto insurer GEICO is everywhere, that’s because it is.
Insurance companies forked over $3.9 billion for TV advertising in 2018 (Jan.1 – Nov. 30), according to Broadcasting & Cable. The insurance category was second only to automakers in ad spend, and GEICO was tops in that group, accounting for 27.9% of spending and 22.4% of all ad impressions.
Thankfully, over the last 10-plus years, GEICO ads have had a knack for being memorably funny, not unforgettably grating.
The insurer knows its ads are good, which is why its latest promotion, “The Best of GEICO,” invites viewers to watch and vote for their favorite GEICO commercials through February 5. Viewers can also enter a contest for a chance to appear in an upcoming GEICO ad.
Below are three of the entrants:
“Maxwell the Pig”
To view all 10 competing commercials, visit geico.com. And as David Letterman would advise: please, no wagering.
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021
- Netflix’s Crime Spree - April 7, 2021
- PBS’ Complicated ‘Hemingway’ - April 5, 2021
- The President and the Princess - April 2, 2021
- ‘Made for Love’ on HBO Max - March 31, 2021
- Swedish Superspy - March 29, 2021
- Sherlock with a Twist - March 26, 2021
- NYC Seder Gets Political - March 24, 2021
- Israeli Transplants in Paris - March 22, 2021
- HBO Max: Who is QAnon? - March 19, 2021