The Savvy Screener is counting down our most popular 2018 stories.
Our #2 article, “How to Watch Murphy,” provided information on how to watch the original versions of two upcoming reboots, Murphy Brown and Roseanne. Both reboots have now come and gone — the former due to low ratings, the latter due to its star taking the low road. But the story still provides a useful guide to streaming — or, in Murphy’s case, not streaming — two classic series. This article was first published on January 25 (please note that it now contains updated viewing information.)
With yesterday’s announcement of a CBS Murphy Brown revival for next season, fans of the original sitcom (1988-1998) may want to catch up on old episodes, while younger viewers may just want to check out what all the fuss is about.
For a quick taste of Murphy, here’s Bette Midler on what used to be the show’s final episode:
Full episodes? You can’t stream Murphy Brown anywhere. To see the series, you must tune in to over-the-air channel Antenna TV, where Murphy runs weeknights at 11 pm ET and weekends at 5 pm.
You can watch Antenna TV for free even if you don’t subscribe to cable, satellite or telco TV by using…as its name implies…an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Visit Antenna TV’s Channel Finder to find your local station.
And what about Roseanne, a sitcom from the same era (1988-1997) that’s returning to ABC with new episodes on March 27?
Original episodes can be streamed on Amazon Prime.
- Indian Crime & Cricket - March 22, 2019
- Sunday is ‘Playtime’ - March 22, 2019
- Play Ball! - March 21, 2019
- European Youth Hoops - March 21, 2019
- ‘Most Beautiful Thing’ - March 20, 2019
- YouTube Steps Up - March 20, 2019
- Arquette = True Crime - March 19, 2019
- Sleuth Breaks 4th Wall - March 19, 2019
- Schumer’s ‘Growing’ - March 18, 2019
- DC Universe Freebies - March 18, 2019