The Savvy Screener is counting down our most popular 2018 stories.
Our #2 article, “How to Watch Murphy,” provided information on how to watch the original versions of two upcoming reboots, Murphy Brown and Roseanne. Both reboots have now come and gone — the former due to low ratings, the latter due to its star taking the low road. But the story still provides a useful guide to streaming — or, in Murphy’s case, not streaming — two classic series. This article was first published on January 25 (please note that it now contains updated viewing information.)
With yesterday’s announcement of a CBS Murphy Brown revival for next season, fans of the original sitcom (1988-1998) may want to catch up on old episodes, while younger viewers may just want to check out what all the fuss is about.
For a quick taste of Murphy, here’s Bette Midler on what used to be the show’s final episode:
Full episodes? You can’t stream Murphy Brown anywhere. To see the series, you must tune in to over-the-air channel Antenna TV, where Murphy runs weeknights at 11 pm ET and weekends at 5 pm.
You can watch Antenna TV for free even if you don’t subscribe to cable, satellite or telco TV by using…as its name implies…an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Visit Antenna TV’s Channel Finder to find your local station.
And what about Roseanne, a sitcom from the same era (1988-1997) that’s returning to ABC with new episodes on March 27?
Original episodes can be streamed on Amazon Prime.
- Sandler & Aniston Again - June 14, 2019
- ‘Village of the Year’ - June 14, 2019
- RVN: ‘Bridging the Gap’ - June 13, 2019
- ‘Father Knows Best’ - June 12, 2019
- Netflix’s Arabic ‘Jinn’ - June 12, 2019
- ‘Real World’ Season 33 - June 11, 2019
- ‘City on a Hill’ Free - June 10, 2019
- Scandi-Kiwi Noir - June 10, 2019
- Binge ‘Adoptable!’ - June 7, 2019
- ‘Old Dogs & New Tricks’ - June 7, 2019