(Above: Kristofer Hivju and Jennie Silfverhjelm in ‘Beck’)
More than two years after subscription streamer MHz Choice said goodbye to new episodes of Beck, the Swedish police procedural is back from retirement with four 90-minute episodes launching Christmas Day.
Based on a book series by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö, Beck premiered in 1997 and is Sweden’s longest-running series ever.
The show stars Peter Haber as Beck, a detective without style or flash who’s “good at one thing: methodically catching criminals so that they can be put away … for a long time.”
Kristofer Hivju, who plays Tormund Giantsbane in HBO’s Game of Thrones, joined Beck’s cast in 2015, and Jennie Silfverhjelm (The Girl Who Played With Fire) is on board for the new season.
Despite its long-run, only 34 previous episodes were produced over the show’s two decades. All of them, running 90 minutes each, are also available on MHz Choice.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code HOLIDAY18. To subscribe, or for more info and a device list, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020
- A Free Romcom Musical - May 21, 2020
- New Morgan Fairchild Soap - May 20, 2020
- Hola Canela.TV - May 20, 2020
- Smash’s Bombshell, Reunion - May 19, 2020
- Magnolias, Sweet and Steel - May 19, 2020
- Tom Hanks…in Spanx? - May 18, 2020
- Upcoming Benefit Streams - May 18, 2020