(Above: Kristofer Hivju and Jennie Silfverhjelm in ‘Beck’)
More than two years after subscription streamer MHz Choice said goodbye to new episodes of Beck, the Swedish police procedural is back from retirement with four 90-minute episodes launching Christmas Day.
Based on a book series by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö, Beck premiered in 1997 and is Sweden’s longest-running series ever.
The show stars Peter Haber as Beck, a detective without style or flash who’s “good at one thing: methodically catching criminals so that they can be put away … for a long time.”
Kristofer Hivju, who plays Tormund Giantsbane in HBO’s Game of Thrones, joined Beck’s cast in 2015, and Jennie Silfverhjelm (The Girl Who Played With Fire) is on board for the new season.
Despite its long-run, only 34 previous episodes were produced over the show’s two decades. All of them, running 90 minutes each, are also available on MHz Choice.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code HOLIDAY18. To subscribe, or for more info and a device list, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘We Are Boats’ Sails - March 26, 2019
- What is WhatTV? - March 25, 2019
- ‘Soundbreaking’ Series - March 25, 2019
- Indian Crime & Cricket - March 22, 2019
- Sunday is ‘Playtime’ - March 22, 2019
- Play Ball! - March 21, 2019
- European Youth Hoops - March 21, 2019
- ‘Most Beautiful Thing’ - March 20, 2019
- YouTube Steps Up - March 20, 2019
- Arquette = True Crime - March 19, 2019