Netflix will debut an animated adaptation of Richard Adams’ 1972 novel, Watership Down, this Sunday, December 23.
The four-part series, produced in collaboration with the BBC, tells the story of a band of rabbits forced from their cozy warren because of encroaching technology – and the dangers they face in their search for a new home.
The cast includes the voices of John Boyega, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Olivia Colman, Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton, Daniel Kaluuya, Rosamund Pike, Gemma Chan, Peter Capaldi, and Taron Egerton.
For more, visit Netflix.
Watership Down was first brought to life as an animated movie in 1978. It starred the voices of John Hurt, Richard Briers, Harry Andrews, Simon Cadell, Nigel Hawthorne, Ralph Richardson, and Roy Kinnear. It also featured the Art Garfunkel song “Bright Eyes,” which became a hit in the UK. You can rent it starting at $2.99 from Google Play or other providers.
An earlier British TV series lasted three seasons and 39 episodes (1999 to 2001). That version included the voices of Episodes’ Stephen Mangan, John Hurt and Stephen Fry. It is currently available only on DVD.
- Classical Music Contest - March 21, 2019
- Eclectic Indie Streamer - March 20, 2019
- Remastered ‘Farscape’ - March 19, 2019
- Why Streamers Quit - March 19, 2019
- Prime PBS Living - March 18, 2019
- Netflix Adult Animation - March 15, 2019
- Free Arts Telethon - March 14, 2019
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ - March 14, 2019
- Comedy for Cord-Cutters - March 13, 2019
- Before Bond: ‘Manny’ - March 12, 2019