(Above: ‘Aggretsuko.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Aggretsuko, the Japanese musical comedy anime series starring a 25-year-old red panda who finds catharsis in death metal, will drop a special Christmas episode December 20 on Netflix.
The panda in question, Retsuko, has a thankless office job. Her only outlet is to belt out death metal karaoke after work.
In the Yuletide episode, Retsuko is obsessed with posting pictures on social media, a habit that threatens to ruin her Christmas. Meanwhile, her co-worker Haida, who has a crush on Retsuko, hopes to spend Christmas with her. The episode features a punk cover of “Jingle Bells,” performed by Tim Timebomb and the Interrupters. Tim Timebomb is a project of Tim Armstrong, front man for the punk band Rancid.
The show first aired as a series of shorts from 2016 to 2018 on TBS, before launching as an original series on Netflix in 2018.
You can watch all 10 episodes of season one now on Netflix. A second season is planned for 2019.
- ‘Hanna’ on Prime - March 26, 2019
- Classic Conan - March 25, 2019
- Classical Music Contest - March 21, 2019
- Eclectic Indie Streamer - March 20, 2019
- Remastered ‘Farscape’ - March 19, 2019
- Why Streamers Quit - March 19, 2019
- Prime PBS Living - March 18, 2019
- Netflix Adult Animation - March 15, 2019
- Free Arts Telethon - March 14, 2019
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ - March 14, 2019