(Above: ‘Aggretsuko.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Aggretsuko, the Japanese musical comedy anime series starring a 25-year-old red panda who finds catharsis in death metal, will drop a special Christmas episode December 20 on Netflix.
The panda in question, Retsuko, has a thankless office job. Her only outlet is to belt out death metal karaoke after work.
In the Yuletide episode, Retsuko is obsessed with posting pictures on social media, a habit that threatens to ruin her Christmas. Meanwhile, her co-worker Haida, who has a crush on Retsuko, hopes to spend Christmas with her. The episode features a punk cover of “Jingle Bells,” performed by Tim Timebomb and the Interrupters. Tim Timebomb is a project of Tim Armstrong, front man for the punk band Rancid.
The show first aired as a series of shorts from 2016 to 2018 on TBS, before launching as an original series on Netflix in 2018.
You can watch all 10 episodes of season one now on Netflix. A second season is planned for 2019.
- A-Hole Superheroes - July 22, 2019
- Free ‘Robotech’ Binge - July 19, 2019
- More Funny ‘Coffee’ - July 18, 2019
- Sid Caesar On Comedy - July 17, 2019
- Magnolia’s Indie Streamers - July 16, 2019
- Swiss Bank Intrigue - July 16, 2019
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019