(Above: ‘Aggretsuko.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Aggretsuko, the Japanese musical comedy anime series starring a 25-year-old red panda who finds catharsis in death metal, will drop a special Christmas episode December 20 on Netflix.
The panda in question, Retsuko, has a thankless office job. Her only outlet is to belt out death metal karaoke after work.
In the Yuletide episode, Retsuko is obsessed with posting pictures on social media, a habit that threatens to ruin her Christmas. Meanwhile, her co-worker Haida, who has a crush on Retsuko, hopes to spend Christmas with her. The episode features a punk cover of “Jingle Bells,” performed by Tim Timebomb and the Interrupters. Tim Timebomb is a project of Tim Armstrong, front man for the punk band Rancid.
The show first aired as a series of shorts from 2016 to 2018 on TBS, before launching as an original series on Netflix in 2018.
You can watch all 10 episodes of season one now on Netflix. A second season is planned for 2019.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021