(Above: Florence Pugh in ‘The Little Drummer Girl.’ Photo by Jonathan Olley/AMC/Ink Factory)
Two highly recommended mini-series — Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle and The Little Drummer Girl — will arrive on subscription streamer Sundance Now during the coming week.
Thursday, December 20: Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle tells the story behind the 1978 mass suicide of 900+ followers of the Pastor Jim Jones. The four-part documentary is a disturbing yet engrossing look at the dangers of enabling charismatic leaders and following them blindly.
Monday, December 24: The Little Drummer Girl, based on the 1983 novel by John le Carré, tells the story of a young actress recruited by Israeli agents to pretend she’s a Palestinian sympathizer. The six-part spy thriller features a stellar starring performance by English actress Florence Pugh.
Can’t wait to see Jonestown or The Little Drummer Girl? The first two episodes of each mini-series are available free to anyone right now.
To start streaming Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle, visit the website of sister cable services AMC or Sundance TV — where the documentary premiered last month to mark the 40th anniversary of the Jonestown tragedy.
To start streaming The Little Drummer Girl, visit the website of AMC – where the drama premiered last month as a three-night pre-Thanksgiving event.
You’re liable to get hooked on either series. To finish watching, you can start a seven-day free trial to Sundance Now, which will then cost $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually.
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019