(Above; Carolina Main in ‘Blood’)
Blood, which The Guardian called a “dark, addictive and unmissable crime drama,” will debut on subscription streamer Acorn TV this Monday, December 17.
The six-episode psychological thriller from Ireland stars Carolina Main as a woman who begins to suspect that her father (Adrian Dunbar) may have been involved in her mother’s death. Sophie Petzal (Sundance Now’s Riviera) wrote the series.
Blood premiered on Ireland’s Virgin Media Television in October, and then ran on the UK’s Channel 5 last month.
If you’re out for Blood on Acorn, don’t confuse it with another Blood. This one’s a 90-minute British crime thriller from 2012 in which Paul Bettany, Stephen Graham and Mark Strong play detectives dealing with a murder investigation.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021