(Above: Çagatay Ulusoy stars in Netflix’s ‘The Protector’)
The Protector, a sci-fi fantasy set in Istanbul, starts streaming tomorrow on Netflix. But fans of crime dramas or romantic dramas can stream other TV series and movies titled The Protector that are set in Los Angeles, New York, Hong Kong and Prague.
In the 10-episode Netflix series, its first Turkish original, a young shopkeeper must save Istanbul after he learns that he’s connected to a secret, ancient order:
To stream, starting December 14, visit Netflix.com/TheProtector.
And certainly don’t confuse Netflix’s The Protector with Lifetime’s 2011 series of the same name, a Los Angeles-based police procedural starring Ally Walker that lasted 13 episodes. You can now stream all of them free at ABC.go.com. Here’s an original trailer:
Movies titled The Protector are also available for streaming, including a 1985 crime thriller set in New York and Hong Kong that stars Jackie Chan and Danny Aiello. You can find it free on Shout Factory TV and Tubi TV.
- ‘We Are Boats’ Sails - March 26, 2019
- What is WhatTV? - March 25, 2019
- ‘Soundbreaking’ Series - March 25, 2019
- Indian Crime & Cricket - March 22, 2019
- Sunday is ‘Playtime’ - March 22, 2019
- Play Ball! - March 21, 2019
- European Youth Hoops - March 21, 2019
- ‘Most Beautiful Thing’ - March 20, 2019
- YouTube Steps Up - March 20, 2019
- Arquette = True Crime - March 19, 2019