(Above: Çagatay Ulusoy stars in Netflix’s ‘The Protector’)
The Protector, a sci-fi fantasy set in Istanbul, starts streaming tomorrow on Netflix. But fans of crime dramas or romantic dramas can stream other TV series and movies titled The Protector that are set in Los Angeles, New York, Hong Kong and Prague.
In the 10-episode Netflix series, its first Turkish original, a young shopkeeper must save Istanbul after he learns that he’s connected to a secret, ancient order:
To stream, starting December 14, visit Netflix.com/TheProtector.
And certainly don’t confuse Netflix’s The Protector with Lifetime’s 2011 series of the same name, a Los Angeles-based police procedural starring Ally Walker that lasted 13 episodes. You can now stream all of them free at ABC.go.com. Here’s an original trailer:
Movies titled The Protector are also available for streaming, including a 1985 crime thriller set in New York and Hong Kong that stars Jackie Chan and Danny Aiello. You can find it free on Shout Factory TV and Tubi TV.
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019