The Urban Legend on a Village, a Japanese horror movie starring Ito Nene, a former member of the all-female pop group Nogizaka46, will premiere tomorrow, December 12, at 10 pm ET, on Toku.
In the film, three journalists are investigating some of Japan’s most popular urban legends. The reporters gain notoriety for their videos on the legend of the Sugisawa Village. And then during one visit to the village, one of the journalists mysteriously disappears.
The Urban Legend on a Village was released in Japan in 2014 under the title Sugisawa Mura Toshi Densetsu.
Toku is a subscription streaming service featuring live-action Asian movies and TV series, with a special focus on tokusatsu – titles filled with special effects. It offers programming dubbed into English, both 24/7 live and on demand.
For more info, visit watchtoku.com. Price is $3.99 monthly or $39.99 annually, following a seven-day free trial.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021