(Above: Alex Borstein and Rachel Brosnahan in ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Midge has finished work-shopping her new routine.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which won eight Emmy Awards including best comedy series and best actress, returns for a second 10-episode season this Wednesday, December 5, on Amazon Prime.
Rachel Brosnahan also won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Miriam “Midge” Maisel, a housewife and mother in late ’50s Manhattan whose upper middle-class life is turned upside down when she discovers a gift for stand-up. The irresistible lure of the stage up-ends her marriage to Joel (Michael Zegen) and causes her parents (Tony Shalhoub, Marin Hinkle) all types of angst.
Season two doesn’t promise to make Midge’s pursuit of comedy stardom any easier. She must deal with the fallout from her takedown of would-be mentor Sophie Lennon, while paying her dues as a comic.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel also features Alex Borstein who won a best supporting actress Emmy as Midge’s manager, Susie Myerson.
You can binge season one now with an Amazon Prime subscription.
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019
- ‘Garden Party Massacre’ - October 10, 2019
- Rapping with the Stars - October 9, 2019
- Chinese Spy Thriller - October 8, 2019