On this #GivingTuesday, SoulPancake’s YouTube channel will help fight child slavery with the premiere of The Price of Free, winner of the Documentary Grand Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.
Formerly titled Kailash, the 90-minute film follows Kailash Satyarthi, recipient of the 2014 Noble Peace Prize, on suspenseful secret raids and quests for missing children around the world.
“This film shows the real scourge of child trafficking, child labor, slavery and exploitation that is ruining the childhood of millions and ruthlessly crushing their dreams,” Satyarthi said in a statement. “I call on everyone to watch…and work with us in creating a world where all children are free, healthy, safe and educated – a world where every child is free to be a child.”
SoulPancake employees Kenzie and Oscar elaborate more on the film and its issues in the following video:
Here’s the trailer for The Price of Free:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021