(Above: Nicolas Cage in ‘Mandy.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Mandy, a mind-bending thriller starring Nicolas Cage, debuts this Thursday, November 29, on subscription horror streamer Shudder.
Set in 1983, Cage plays Red Miller, a lumberjack, who, with his artist girlfriend Mandy (Andrea Riseborough) try to lead quiet lives in the woods. That existence is shattered with the arrival of a religious cult that conjures demon-biker henchmen. When the cult leader takes a liking to Mandy and kidnaps her, Red pursues them with his crossbow, affectionately known as “The Reaper.”
The cast includes Law & Order’s Linus Roache, Ned Dennehy, Olwen Fouéré, Richard Brake and Bill Duke.
Directed by Panos Cosmatos, Mandy screened at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.
Shudder costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually following a seven-day free trial. For more info, including devices, visit shudder.com.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021