Punchflix, a subscription streaming service from the folks who previously brought you Punch TV, announced the addition of Ice, a 1998 post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller described consecutively in the streamer’s press announcement as “iconic,” “one of the most popular movies of its time,” “a major hit of its time” and “a great hit of its day.”
High praise indeed! But since we had never heard of Ice, we decided to investigate. We found that Ice premiered in Germany two decades ago, came to the US via ABC in 2000, and was rerun on Sci-Fi (now SyFy) a few years later, possibly to cash in on the success of the similarly themed theatrical film The Day After Tomorrow.
A hit? Well, we found about 6,000 of them (views, that is) on a free posting of Ice on YouTube, which you can watch below. Grant Show, fresh off of a five-year run on Melrose Place, and a pre-CSI Miami Eva LaRue star.
If you’d rather see Ice on Punchflix, the service offers a 14-day free trial, after which you’ll be charged $8.99 a month or $86.30 annually.
What do you get for that price? Punchflix promises 700 movie titles and “at least 10 live television streams.” But without actually signing up, all we can tell you is what you can see for yourself on the Punchflix home page: movies like Love Ranch, The Middle Distance and Kim K: The Fabulous Life.
Punchflix’s target audience? The streamer has posted YouTube videos geared to millennials, sports fans and women (below).
For more info or to subscribe, visit PunchFlix.com.
- Stream ‘The Protector’ - December 13, 2018
- Colorful ‘Lucy’ & ‘Dick’ - December 12, 2018
- Roma on Netflix Friday - December 11, 2018
- Court TV v. Law/Crime - December 10, 2018
- HBO’s ‘Icebox’ Free - December 10, 2018
- A ‘Nightflyers’ Trilogy - December 7, 2018
- Netflix’s Global Trio - December 7, 2018
- Singin’ Thru Dad Issues - December 6, 2018
- Christmas Marathon - December 5, 2018
- Link TV’s ‘Cinemondo’ - December 5, 2018