(Above photo source: Flickr)
This Thanksgiving offers a cornucopia of streaming and over-the-air viewing choices, with both marathons and new shows on the schedule.
The Savvy Screener has covered some of tomorrow’s more eclectic programming options. Here’s a quick summary:
Mystery Science Theater 3000 – Netflix will debut a six-episode 12th season, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Gauntlet. Jonah Heston and his robots Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot and Gypsy will use wise-cracks to fend off six schlocky films in a row: Mac and Me (1988), Atlantic Rim (2013), Lords of the Deep (1989), The Day Time Ended (1979), Killer Fish (1979) and Ator, the Fighting Eagle (1982).
March of the Wooden Soldiers – WPIX, channel 11 in New York, will continue a Thanksgiving Day tradition when it airs the Laurel and Hardy classic at 9 am and 3 pm ET. There are also streaming options.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe – Comet TV, the free science fiction channel that’s available online or free over-the-air, will offer all 12 chapters of the 1940 movie serial from 1 pm to 7pm ET.
Dinners of Death – Famed B-movie host Joe Bob Briggs will serve up four yet-to-be-named films involving deadly dinners. The feast starts at 9 pm ET on horror streamer Shudder’s “It Came From Shudder” channel.
No Activity – San Diego Police Department detectives Tim Meadows (Judd Tolbeck) and creator Patrick Brammall (Nick Cullen) begin another stake-out, with all eight second-season episodes dropping at once.
Happy Thanksgiving from The Savvy Screener editors!
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019
- High Flying Soderbergh - February 7, 2019
- Toku Action Fantasies - February 7, 2019
- ‘Expanse’ Season 3 - February 6, 2019