(Above: Ethan Hawke in ‘First Reformed.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Kanopy, the free streaming service that is available through participating local libraries and higher education campuses worldwide, has just added titles from A24, the indie film and TV label.
Kanopy’s A24 collection totals more than 50 movies, many of which received critical acclaim during their recent theatrical release. The catalog includes the 2017 Academy Award winner for Best Picture, Moonlight, as well as Lady Bird with Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf, First Reformed starring Ethan Hawke, The Disaster Artist featuring brothers James and Dave Franco, and A Most Violent Year with Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain.
Besides A24, Kanopy offers nearly 400 Criterion/Janus films spanning British, French, Italian and Japanese cinema, as well as American classics and independent films, documentaries and silent films. In the last few months, Kanopy has also unveiled more than 80 Paramount titles and 49 documentaries from HBO Documentary Films. In total, streamer has more than 30,000 films and TV shows.
Kanopy does limit how many films you can watch. That number seems to depend on your participating library’s agreement with the service. With a New York Public Library card, for example, you can borrow 10 titles per month.
To see if your library participates, visit Kanopy’s help center. If it doesn’t, you can submit a request for its inclusion.
- Classic Oscar Binge - February 20, 2019
- Romano in ‘Paddleton’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘The Oath’ Season 2 - February 19, 2019
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019