(Above: Maurice Benard and Sarah Joy Brown on ‘General Hospital,’ 1999)
General Hospital, ABC’s only soap opera (and one of just four network soaps still on the air), is celebrating actor Maurice Benard’s 25th anniversary on the show by offering 20 of his classic episodes at abc.com/sonnyandcarly and on the ABC app.
The episodes, available free to everyone through February 12, feature the on-again, off-again relationship between Sonny (Benard) and Carly (played, in order, by Sarah Joy Brown, Tamara Braun and Laura Wright).
Here’s a classic scene, with Brown, posted by a fan on YouTube:
The hour-long General Hospital, which debuted in 1963, airs weekdays on ABC (check your local station’s schedule for the exact time). It is the longest-running current TV drama of any kind.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021