Disney+, the media giant’s newly named upcoming subscription streaming service, now has two live-action Star Wars series in development from Lucasfilm, as well as a Marvel Studios series based on Thor’s nemesis Loki, the “god of mischief.”
In the latest Star Wars series ordered by Disney+, Diego Luna will reprise his role of Rebel spy Cassian Andor in a prequel to the 2016 film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Previously, the service had announced plans for The Mandalorian, set after the fall of the Empire and before the First Order.
The Loki series wlll star Tom Hiddleston, who has played the character in several Thor and Avengers movies since 2011.
Other series on Disney+’s drawing board that include shows in the franchises of Disney·Pixar’s Monsters Inc. and Disney Channel’s High School Musical.
Disney+ is scheduled to launch in late 2019. For more info, enter your email address at DisneyPlus.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021