Unsurprisingly, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu have nabbed the top three spots in an industry survey of the top 10 subscription streaming services in the US.
Over-the-top (OTT) video subscription penetration has reached 64% of U.S. broadband households, said Park Associates, the market research firm that conducted the survey.
Yet, more than two-thirds of those queried said they subscribe to just one of the top three services.
Ranking the top streamers proved a tricky proposition, said Brett Sappington, senior director of research, Parks Associates. “(W)hen you consider only those Prime members that use Prime Video, Netflix is the largest. Hulu remains the third largest but continues to grow its subscriber base.”
Original content is helping to spur the rise of other OTT services, Sappington added.
“HBO, Starz, Showtime, and CBS All Access demonstrate the powerful attractiveness of original content through series like Game of Thrones and Star Trek: Discovery,” Sappington said. “This pattern suggests new services such as WarnerMedia’s DC Universe and the forthcoming streaming service from Disney could achieve success quickly.”
Parks Associates also ranked the top subscription sports streamers. MLB.TV continues to lead that category, followed by WWE Network.
For more information, visit parksassociates.com.
- YouTube Space Thriller - November 15, 2018
- Boomerang on VRV - November 15, 2018
- Unconditional Love - November 14, 2018
- The Film Detective - November 13, 2018
- Coldplay’s ‘Dreams’ - November 13, 2018
- Battle of the Somme - November 12, 2018
- Netflix’s Anime Slate - November 9, 2018
- Pastor Hires Prostitute - November 8, 2018
- Top 3 US Streamers - November 8, 2018
- ‘Outlaw King’ on Netflix - November 7, 2018