(Above: Cast of ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” Source: Decades)
Free over-the-air channel Start TV has begun running one-minute shorts focusing on inspirational stories from successful women. Called My Short Stories, they’re being “sprinkled” throughout the day on the channel, which otherwise features reruns of such female-starring dramas as The Closer, The Division and Family Law.
You can also stream My Short Stories at starttv.com/my-start-story. Amidst a dozen videos of sports stars, legal giants and other bona-fide heroes, we were naturally drawn to the story of Treva Silverman, pioneering writer for The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Ironically, because of Start TV, you may no longer be able to sample Silverman’s work on The Mary Tyler Moore Show over the air. That’s because, in several markets, the new women’s focused channel in September replaced Decades, which runs two episodes of the classic sitcom every weekday at 2 pm ET.
For the Decades-deprived, here’s the Silverman-penned second episode, “Today I am A Ma’am,” from 1970:
- ‘We Are Boats’ Sails - March 26, 2019
- What is WhatTV? - March 25, 2019
- ‘Soundbreaking’ Series - March 25, 2019
- Indian Crime & Cricket - March 22, 2019
- Sunday is ‘Playtime’ - March 22, 2019
- Play Ball! - March 21, 2019
- European Youth Hoops - March 21, 2019
- ‘Most Beautiful Thing’ - March 20, 2019
- YouTube Steps Up - March 20, 2019
- Arquette = True Crime - March 19, 2019