(Above: ‘Shock Wave.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
WarnerMedia’s recent shuttering of DramaFever, which offered a large variety of content from Korea, Japan and China, doesn’t mean there’s no audience for Asian fare in the US. Indeed, Cinedigm is now going full speed ahead with Bambu, a Chinese-content streamer set to launch in the first quarter of 2019.
Bambu’s TV series will include a cooking show, A Bite of China; a fantasy crime show, The Four; a historical drama, The Advisors Alliance; Diamond Lover, a romantic drama that’s currently on Netflix; and Nirvana in Fire, a historical fantasy that had been on DramaFever. You can watch the first episode of Nirvana in Fire right here:
Bambu’s movies will include Shock Wave, a bomb squad thriller starring and produced by Andy Lau; Kung Fu Traveler, a time travel flick; and The Monkey King: Havoc In Heaven’s Palace, a fantasy adventure. All three are currently available to Amazon Prime subscribers.
Cinedigm didn’t specify in its launch announcement, but we assume Bambu’s content will be subtitled –since it will be targeted to Gen Z and millennial Americans, said to represent 27 percent of the population.
Like DramaFever, Bambu will offer both free and paid streaming options. The free version will have ads; the subscription plan will cost $3.99 monthly.
- Spirits Network Debuts - July 22, 2019
- Busy July 20 at NASA TV - July 19, 2019
- CONtv + Comics Launches - July 19, 2019
- Tarantino Picks Flicks - July 18, 2019
- Bluprint Free This Week - July 17, 2019
- WTT on Dailymotion - July 17, 2019
- Efron/Kendrick Team-Ups - July 16, 2019
- Supporting Caregivers - July 16, 2019
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019