(Above: The Lamb family in ‘Cloudstreet.’ Source: Acorn TV)
The three-episode miniseries, Cloudstreet, which first ran on the Australian pay channel Showcase in 2011, will debut on subscription streamer Acorn TV this Monday, October 29.
Based on Tom Winton’s 1991 novel, the show features two rural families – the Pickles and the Lambs – who leave the countryside to live together in a big ramshackle house called “Cloudstreet,” located in a Perth suburb. The families, whose big move is precipitated by separate personal tragedies, have different outlooks on life – one driven by a belief in God, the other in luck. The story covers a period from 1943-63.
The series stars Essie Davis (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) as Dolly Pickles and Kerry Fox (The Dressmaker) as Oriel Lamb.
You can subscribe to Acorn TV for $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021