(Above: Maggie Gyllenhaal in ‘The Kindergarten Teacher.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a teacher trying to live vicariously through a five-year-old poetry prodigy in The Kindergarten Teacher, a film debuting tomorrow, October 12, on Netflix.
Gyllenhaal is a would-be poet whose writing is less than remarkable. She then overhears one of her kindergarten students (Parker Sevak) reciting an original poem, which convinces her that she has discovered a wunderkind. This leads to an obsessive interest in the young child, starting the teacher “on a dangerous journey” to nurture the child’s talent.
The cast also includes Anna Baryshnikov, Rosa Salazar, Michael Chernus and Gael Garcia Bernal.
Sara Colangelo wrote and directed the psychological thriller.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021