(Above photo source: Tim Evanson via Flickr)
The mid-term Congressional elections are five weeks away, and the electorate has never seemed more divided.
Amidst the heated tribalism, Twin Cities PBS and Rewire.org have launched an 11-episode short-form series, America From Scratch, that, if nothing else, serves as a civilly toned civics discussion.
Hosted by Toussiant Morrison, each episode ponders such questions as: “Should We Have More Than Two Major Political Parties?,” “Should We Elect Our Supreme Court Justices?,” “Should We Rewrite Our Constitution?” and “Should We Have a President?”
Perhaps most relevant to the moment, there’s the following episode, “Should We Make Voting Mandatory?”
“With the current conversation around young Americans and civic participation, we hope for America from Scratch to be a fun and educational way to not only challenge, but to celebrate the structure of our country’s government,” said Maribel Lopez, executive producer of the series and acting director of Rewire.org.
In addition to the web series, America From Scratch is also available as a podcast.
For more about the series, visit rewire.org/america-from-scratch.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021