Last year, the UK’s ITV network proclaimed September 30 as International Thunderbirds Day to herald the anniversary of its first Thunderbirds broadcast in 1965.
Shout Factory TV and ITV will mark this year’s International Thunderbirds Day with a 34-hour marathon that will include all 32 original episodes, remastered in high definition, and three new “classic-style” episodes based on original 1960s’ audio recordings. You can stream it, starting Sunday at 10 am ET, on Shout Factory TV’s Twitch channel.
The series stars marionettes as International Rescue’s Thunderbirds team: Jeff Tracy and his sons Scott, John, Virgil and Gordon. The year is 2065, and this family of heroes races around the globe (or at least the length of the production studio) in high-tech (toy) vehicles to rescue the innocent.
Thunderbirds, created by Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation, has resonated in popular culture since first airing 53 years ago. There’s perhaps no better example of that than Team America: World Police (2004), an R-rated marionette comedy from Trey Parker and Matt Stone. After catching the Thunderbirds marathon, you can rent Team America: World Police starting at $2.99 from Google Play and other providers.
- Cord-Cutter Zone - February 15, 2019
- ‘Weird City’ - February 14, 2019
- Dangerous Comedy - February 14, 2019
- Parkland Documentary - February 12, 2019
- Toxic Workplace - February 12, 2019
- Stream Oscar ‘Favourite’ - February 11, 2019
- Hart’s Comedy ‘Fit’ - February 8, 2019
- High Flying Soderbergh - February 7, 2019
- Toku Action Fantasies - February 7, 2019
- ‘Expanse’ Season 3 - February 6, 2019