(Above: Terrible Tim, right, and another ‘Maniac.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Terrible Tim, a Kansas City throwback to Zacherley and similar local TV horror hosts of yesteryear, goes national next week.
Tim’s five-year-old weekly show, Drive-In Movie Maniacs, will debut Friday, October 5, on free over-the-air channels Retro TV, The Action Channel and The Family Channel.
The two-hour Drive-In-Movie Maniacs features classic horror films, original sketches, guest appearances, and original music by The Haunted Creepys.
It will air on Retro TV and The Action Channel at 10 pm ET Fridays, and on The Family Channel at 8 pm Fridays. A special Halloween episode will run Wednesday, October 31, at the same times.
You can watch all three networks free with an antenna hooked up to your TV set. To find out if they’re available in your area and on what channels, visit myretrotv.com, actionchanneltv.com and famchannel.com.
You can also watch Drive-In Movie Maniacs over the air in Kansas City on channel 25.9, Saturdays at 9 pm CT; and in Buffalo, NY, on channel 56.4, Saturdays at 11 pm ET.
In addition, anyone anywhere can live-“scream” Drive-In Movie Maniacs on Facebook this Saturday at 11 pm ET before the weekly stream moves to Fridays, same time, on October 5. You can also watch archived episodes there, including the most recent show, featuring 1961’s The Devil’s Partner.
Fans of retro-style local horror TV hosts should also check out Chicago’s Svengoolie, now airing Saturdays at 8 pm on free over-the-air channel Me TV. For your local Me TV channel number, visit MeTV.com.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021