(Above photo source: Pixabay)
Vudu is trying to get more business by paying you to watch.
Through the end of September (this coming Sunday), Vudu will give you $1 credit per film for watching up to five movies or TV shows on its two-year-old Movies on Us streaming service. You’re limited to one film or show a day, or $5 total credit.
Visit Vudu Movies on Us to choose from over 6,000 movies and TV shows that you can see free with ads. Some Savvy Screener suggestions include the original movie version of Netflix’s Dear White People (2014); a 30th anniversary viewing of the comedy Mystic Pizza, with Julia Roberts in her breakout role; and a 20th anniversary return to complete seasons of the WB teen drama Dawson’s Creek, with an ensemble cast that includes Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams.
Codes for redeeming the credits earned will be sent out on Monday, October 1, and you’ll have the rest of October to redeem them towards any Vudu pay-per-title viewing.
So let’s say you watch Quentin Tarantin0’s first feature Reservoir Dogs (1992) and three other movies, with ads, for free this week. You can then use your credits next month for a free uninterrupted rental of the ultra-violent, profanity-laced Reservoir Dogs, which normally costs $3.99.
On the other hand, a recent film like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is renting on for $5.99, so with five credits, you’ll still owe Vudu 99 cents.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021