(Above: Emma Stone in Netflix’s ‘Maniac.’)
“The mind can be solved.”
Netflix’s Maniac, a 10-episode drama debuting this Friday, September 21, tells the stories of participants in an unnervingly mysterious pharmaceutical trial.
The series’ leads are two marquee big screen actors: Emma Stone and Jonah Hill.
Stone is rudderless Annie Landsberg who can’t seem to escape dysfunctional relationships with her mother and sister. Hill is Owen Milgrim whose last name suggests a play-on-words (milligram, as in dosage, or the infamous Stanley Milgram experiment). Milgrim, from a wealthy family of industrialists, has spent a lifetime dealing with a disputed schizophrenia diagnosis.
The soothing and creepy Dr. James K. Mantleray (Justin Theroux), who claims to be the ultimate mind-fixer, lures Landsberg, Milgrim and ten other strangers to Neberdine Pharmaceutical and Biotech for a three-day drug trial. There, he assures the participants, he will alleviate their problems with no side effects.
Sally Field also stars as another doctor.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - August 19, 2019
- Antenna TV’s Kotter Binge - August 16, 2019
- Who’s the Boss? - August 15, 2019
- Manson’s Music - August 14, 2019
- ‘Why Women Kill’ - August 13, 2019
- ‘Wu Assassins’ on Netflix - August 12, 2019
- Here They Come - August 9, 2019
- Binge Free While You Can - August 8, 2019
- Wacky Chefs - August 7, 2019
- ‘Rocketman’ Streams - August 6, 2019