(Above: Emma Stone in Netflix’s ‘Maniac.’)
“The mind can be solved.”
Netflix’s Maniac, a 10-episode drama debuting this Friday, September 21, tells the stories of participants in an unnervingly mysterious pharmaceutical trial.
The series’ leads are two marquee big screen actors: Emma Stone and Jonah Hill.
Stone is rudderless Annie Landsberg who can’t seem to escape dysfunctional relationships with her mother and sister. Hill is Owen Milgrim whose last name suggests a play-on-words (milligram, as in dosage, or the infamous Stanley Milgram experiment). Milgrim, from a wealthy family of industrialists, has spent a lifetime dealing with a disputed schizophrenia diagnosis.
The soothing and creepy Dr. James K. Mantleray (Justin Theroux), who claims to be the ultimate mind-fixer, lures Landsberg, Milgrim and ten other strangers to Neberdine Pharmaceutical and Biotech for a three-day drug trial. There, he assures the participants, he will alleviate their problems with no side effects.
Sally Field also stars as another doctor.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Stuck in ‘Castle Rock’ - October 22, 2019
- Visiting Old ‘Haunt'(s) - October 22, 2019
- Free ‘Love’ From CBS - October 21, 2019
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019