(Above: Rachel Griffiths in ‘Dead Lucky.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Australian actress Rachel Griffiths, known to American audiences as Brenda Chenowith in HBO’s Six Feet Under, stars in Dead Lucky, an Aussie crime drama debuting on subscription streamer Sundance Now this Thursday, September 20.
Griffiths is detective Grace Gibbs, obsessed with nabbing the armed robber who killed her junior officer. Gibb’s new trainee, Charlie Fung (Yoson An), was also the deceased officer’s best friend. Fung blames Gibbs for his death.
Dead Lucky, told from multiple perspectives, also involves the disappearance of an international student, greedy convenience store operators who resort to violence, and a dangerous fugitive. Ultimately, their paths intersect, “with devastating consequences.”
The four-episode miniseries aired originally in July on the SBS-TV Australia channel.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually, after a seven-day free trial.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021