(Above: Mork from Ork. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Mork & Mindy, the sci-fi sitcom starring the late Robin Williams in his breakout role, premiered on ABC 40 years ago tomorrow, September 14, 1978. To celebrate, free over-the-air channel Antenna TV will run a marathon of 41 episodes from 5 am to 11:30 pm ET.
Williams plays Mork, embedded on Earth from the planet Ork, and Pam Dawber plays Mindy. She starts out as Mork’s friend and roommate, later becoming his wife and mother of his child. The child is played by 56-year-old comedian Jonathan Winters. It’s that kind of show.
In a bit of network crossover, the pilot includes appearances by Happy Days’ Fonz (Henry Winkler) and Laverne & Shirley’s Laverne (Penny Marshall). Mork’s character was introduced in a February 1978 episode of Happy Days.
You can also watch Mork & Mindy on Antenna TV every Sunday at 3 am and 10 pm.
As its name implies, Antenna TV is available via an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Visit its “Channel Finder” page for your local station.
- Globetrotting Shakespeare - July 10, 2020
- ‘+Life’ Comes to Localish - July 10, 2020
- Celebrate Ultraman Day - July 9, 2020
- ‘Extraordinary’ Panels - July 9, 2020
- ‘Olympia’ Dukakis Doc - July 8, 2020
- Ringo Starr Turns 80 - July 7, 2020
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020