(Above photo source: YouTube screenshot)
Showtime is letting viewers sample the first installment of the cable network’s new 10-episode Jim Carrey series, Kidding, for free.
In Kidding, Carrey is Jeff, aka Mr. Pickles, a beloved children’s television host with a Mister Rogers-like personality who begins to come apart when his family does.
Oscar nominees Frank Langella (Frost/Nixon) and Catherine Keener (Capote, Being John Malkovich) co-star. Langella plays Jeff’s executive producer, who fears the star’s unraveling could ruin a branding empire, so he begins to plan for a possible replacement. Keener plays the head puppet maker, who’s dealing with her own issues.
The cast also includes Judy Greer as Jeff’s estranged wife and Cole Allen as their son.
You can watch the episode, with content edited, here:
The series will then premiere this Sunday, September 9, at 10 pm ET/PT on Showtime.
Are you a cord-cutter? Showtime’s standalone streaming service is available at Sho.com or via Apple, Roku, Amazon, Google, Samsung, Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, Xbox One and Sony PlayStation Vue.
For information about subscription options and pricing, visit sho.com/order.
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021