(Above: Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis reunion on the 1976 telethon. Source: YouTube screenshot)
It’s Labor Day! Time for picnics, barbecues, ballgames… and the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Association Telethon!
That 44-year tradition ended on live TV back in 2010 (and Lewis himself passed away a year ago), but you can stream some of the telethon’s best moments at Shout Factory TV.
The free service offers 10 MDA Telethon Presents collections, most running for about an hour. Eight cover individual categories: stand-up comics, the 1980s, “today’s” pop/R&B, classic R&B, Broadway, Grammy-winning artists, ventriloquists, magicians. One is all Don Rickles and one all Jerry Lewis himself.
Here’s a separate, shorter highlights compilation, posted by the Muscular Dystrophy Association in 2010:
- 😟 Bye-Bye Bluprint 😒 - June 1, 2020
- Apple’s Cult Movie Channel - June 1, 2020
- Brooklyn Film Festival - May 29, 2020
- ‘Streaming Outta Fenway’ - May 28, 2020
- Amazon Relief Livestream - May 28, 2020
- ‘Haircut Night in America’ - May 27, 2020
- 10-Day Free Film Festival - May 27, 2020
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020