(Above: Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis reunion on the 1976 telethon. Source: YouTube screenshot)
It’s Labor Day! Time for picnics, barbecues, ballgames… and the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Association Telethon!
That 44-year tradition ended on live TV back in 2010 (and Lewis himself passed away a year ago), but you can stream some of the telethon’s best moments at Shout Factory TV.
The free service offers 10 MDA Telethon Presents collections, most running for about an hour. Eight cover individual categories: stand-up comics, the 1980s, “today’s” pop/R&B, classic R&B, Broadway, Grammy-winning artists, ventriloquists, magicians. One is all Don Rickles and one all Jerry Lewis himself.
Here’s a separate, shorter highlights compilation, posted by the Muscular Dystrophy Association in 2010:
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019