(Above: Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz in ‘NUMB3RS’)
Over-the-air channel Heroes & Icons will add crime drama Numb3rs to its schedule starting this Friday, August 3, at noon ET.
The series, which originally aired six seasons (2005-2010) on CBS, will occupy the 12 pm to 8 pm slot on H&I’s Friday schedule.
Fans of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock Holmes, which features a rapid slide show of the detective’s inner cogitations, will recognize his TV forbear in Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz).
Charlie, a college professor and math genius, helps his brother, FBI Special Agent Don Eppes (Rob Morrow), solve puzzling crimes using advanced split-second calculations that flash by on the screen. Larry Fleinhardt (Peter MacNicol) and Amita Ramanujan (Navi Rawat) help Charlie with the mental heavy lifting, while Alan Eppes (Judd Hirsch) provides moral support to both sons.
Below, Charlie explains how math is all:
In an interesting bit of trivia, H&I notes the series used both the USC and Caltech campuses to create the fictional California Institute of Science where Charlie works. Also, apparently all the calculations Charlie scribbles are legit. Not that we could tell the difference.
You can watch Heroes & Icons with an antenna attached to your TV. Check Heroes & Icons’ “Where to Watch” page to find the channel in your area.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021