(Asmik Grigorian, above, will play ‘Salome’ in the Salzburg Festival’s new production of Strauss’ opera. Photo: © P. Gasiunas)
This Saturday, July 28, classical music service Medici.tv will live-stream the world premiere of Italian theater director Romeo Castellucci’s production of Richard Strauss’ German opera Salome from Austria’s Salzburg Festival. Lithuanian soprano Asmik Grigorian stars in the title role.
The free show, which will start at 2 pm ET, also features Franz Welser-Möst conducting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Here, Castellucci discusses the production. For English subtitles, click/tap the Settings button, turn on Subtitles/CC, choose Auto Translate, and then English.
For another take on Salome and her erotic “Dance of the Seven Veils,” subscription streamer Broadway HD still offers Al Pacino’s 2013 film version of Oscar Wilde’s play Salomé, with Jessica Chastain in the title role:
BroadwayHD costs $8.99 monthly or $99.99 annually, with a one-week free trial. For more info, visit broadwayhd.com.
Medici.tv also has a subscription option, allowing you to see replays of Saturday’s Salome as well as hundreds of other on-demand titles. The cost is $19.99 monthly or $189 annually. For more info, visit medici.tv.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021