Comedy InvAsian, billed as the first Asian-American stand-up series, will debut Wednesday, August 1, on pay streamer Hulu. Each of the six hour-long episodes features one comedian doing his or her shtick.
The comics — from different ethnic backgrounds and including a gay Chinese and a transgender Vietnamese — are Paul Kim, Atsuko Okatsuka, Kevin Yee, Joey Guila, Robin Tran and Amy Hill.
Quentin Lee co-created and directed the series. Lee is also chief creative officer of the Asian-American subscription streamer Chopso. What’s more, he is the subject of his new documentary Gay Hollywood Dad, which will premiere Friday, August 3, on Amazon (pricing not announced).
Gay Hollywood Dad, a look at Lee’s first six months as a single gay father, began as a web series, which is available on Chopso. You can also watch the first episode for free right here:
- Stadium Starts Football - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate Janis Joplin - August 15, 2019
- Have a Kookie Weekend - August 15, 2019
- Back to ‘Downton Abbey’ - August 14, 2019
- An ‘Immoral Dilemma’ - August 13, 2019
- Let’s Talk Dementia - August 13, 2019
- Blame ‘The Scapegoat’ - August 12, 2019
- Facebook’s Amazon Doc - August 9, 2019
- A QVC Talk Show! - August 8, 2019
- Recommended by Humans - August 7, 2019