Comedy InvAsian, billed as the first Asian-American stand-up series, will debut Wednesday, August 1, on pay streamer Hulu. Each of the six hour-long episodes features one comedian doing his or her shtick.
The comics — from different ethnic backgrounds and including a gay Chinese and a transgender Vietnamese — are Paul Kim, Atsuko Okatsuka, Kevin Yee, Joey Guila, Robin Tran and Amy Hill.
Quentin Lee co-created and directed the series. Lee is also chief creative officer of the Asian-American subscription streamer Chopso. What’s more, he is the subject of his new documentary Gay Hollywood Dad, which will premiere Friday, August 3, on Amazon (pricing not announced).
Gay Hollywood Dad, a look at Lee’s first six months as a single gay father, began as a web series, which is available on Chopso. You can also watch the first episode for free right here:
- ‘My First First Love’ - April 18, 2019
- Unlocking ‘Wed-Locked’ - April 17, 2019
- ShemarooMe Launches - April 17, 2019
- Court TV Returns May 8 - April 16, 2019
- ‘Ministry of Evil’ Free - April 16, 2019
- ‘Nick’ Comes Knocking - April 15, 2019
- Finding Carol Burnett - April 12, 2019
- Sitcoms for Tax Day - April 12, 2019
- The Van Doren Legacy - April 11, 2019
- Slow Science Streams - April 11, 2019