Comedy InvAsian, billed as the first Asian-American stand-up series, will debut Wednesday, August 1, on pay streamer Hulu. Each of the six hour-long episodes features one comedian doing his or her shtick.
The comics — from different ethnic backgrounds and including a gay Chinese and a transgender Vietnamese — are Paul Kim, Atsuko Okatsuka, Kevin Yee, Joey Guila, Robin Tran and Amy Hill.
Quentin Lee co-created and directed the series. Lee is also chief creative officer of the Asian-American subscription streamer Chopso. What’s more, he is the subject of his new documentary Gay Hollywood Dad, which will premiere Friday, August 3, on Amazon (pricing not announced).
Gay Hollywood Dad, a look at Lee’s first six months as a single gay father, began as a web series, which is available on Chopso. You can also watch the first episode for free right here:
- BitMovio’s Beta Launch - February 20, 2019
- Netflix: ‘Workin’ Moms’ - February 20, 2019
- Davis, Pride & ‘Me’ - February 19, 2019
- ‘Amos ‘n Andy Anatomy’ - February 15, 2019
- Unlikely Superheroes - February 15, 2019
- HG Wells & JJ Abrams - February 14, 2019
- ‘Singer Presents…Elvis’ - February 13, 2019
- Classic TV Weddings - February 13, 2019
- ‘The Way We Weren’t’ - February 12, 2019
- ‘Moscow Never Sleeps’ - February 12, 2019