Comedy InvAsian, billed as the first Asian-American stand-up series, will debut Wednesday, August 1, on pay streamer Hulu. Each of the six hour-long episodes features one comedian doing his or her shtick.
The comics — from different ethnic backgrounds and including a gay Chinese and a transgender Vietnamese — are Paul Kim, Atsuko Okatsuka, Kevin Yee, Joey Guila, Robin Tran and Amy Hill.
Quentin Lee co-created and directed the series. Lee is also chief creative officer of the Asian-American subscription streamer Chopso. What’s more, he is the subject of his new documentary Gay Hollywood Dad, which will premiere Friday, August 3, on Amazon (pricing not announced).
Gay Hollywood Dad, a look at Lee’s first six months as a single gay father, began as a web series, which is available on Chopso. You can also watch the first episode for free right here:
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021