(Above: ‘Black Canaries,’ one of 25 entries in this year’s PBS Online Film Festival)
Now through July 27, viewers can stream for free – and vote for – this year’s entries in the PBS Online Film Festival.
Twenty-five short films are competing for two awards: Most Popular Film, selected by online voters; and Juried Prize Winner, chosen by eight industry professionals.
Today, the PBS Online Film Festival is highlighting three entries. You can watch them right here:
Black Canaries, set in 1907, is the story of a man who descends daily into the Maple mine despite the devastating injuries it has caused other family members:
Our Time is about an attention-hungry 10-year old girl, Maira, who is constantly face-timing her father on her iPad at the expense of a loving, present mother. Their shared videos suggest a happy family, but one day Maira finds out the truth.
Hungry for Love presents two “down-and-out foodies” who go on an all-night dining adventure in Sapporo, Japan, looking for self-acceptance and love. This film is in Japanese with English subtitles.
You can watch and vote for as many films as you want every 24 hours.
To view the entries, visit pbs.org/filmfestival/2018-festival/.
For more information about voting, visit pbs.org/filmfestival/about/.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021