(Above: Ian Bremmer. Source: GZERO Media)
As President Donald Trump continues to challenge (or undermine, as many argue) traditional American alliances, have we entered a post-global world?
Or is it a GZERO World?
That’s the term Eurasia Group President and Founder Ian Bremmer uses to describe the waning influence of such organizations as the G-7 and G-20 that have until now helped define a US-led post-World War II order.
GZERO World is also the name of Bremmer’s half-hour public affairs series that will stream starting this Saturday via thirteen.org/gzeroworld and THIRTEEN Explore apps. It will also run over the air starting this weekend on the New York area’s three public TV outlets: Saturdays on NJTV (7:30 am) and WNET, channel 13 (10:30 am); Sundays on WLIW, channel 21 (11:30 am).
Each week, Bremmer, whose consulting and research firm deals with geopolitical risk, will offer his own analyses of international affairs, as well as interviews with world leaders and other experts.
The kick-off episode will feature Senator Rand Paul (R- Kentucky).
Future episodes will include such guests as:
- Former Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi;
- Giuseppe Piero “Beppe” Grillo, founder of Italy’s Five Star Movement;
- Jared Cohen, CEO of Jigsaw;
- Ambassador Melanne Verveer, executive director of Georgetown University’s Institute for Women, Peace and Security;
- Ambassador Victoria Nuland, former US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs;
- US Senators Chris Coons (D -Delaware) and Marco Rubio (R- Florida), former presidential candidate.
Each show will conclude with a political satire called “Puppet Regime,” starring puppet versions of Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Angela Merkel, Mark Zuckerberg, Bremmer himself and others.
The series is produced by WNET.
- Stephen Fry’s ‘Kingdom’ - May 17, 2019
- ‘Yesterday’ Tomorrow - May 16, 2019
- It’s ‘Midsomer’ 24/7 - May 16, 2019
- It’s ‘Fleabag’ Friday - May 15, 2019
- Clooney’s ‘Catch-22’ - May 14, 2019
- Netflix’s ‘Easy’ Over - May 10, 2019
- Parent-Free Zone - May 9, 2019
- Daily Show’s Trump Tour - May 9, 2019
- Poehler’s ‘Wine Country’ - May 8, 2019
- Trump on Tubi - May 7, 2019