Two funny guys named Jim will premiere specials this Friday, July 13.
Noble Ape, Gaffigan’s sixth special, was recorded live at Boston’s Wilbur Theater. In it, Gaffigan “gets personal as he discusses the medical crisis that hit his wife and family this year, which almost led to his retirement.”
Gaffigan said, “Finding the humor in Jeannie’s brain tumor was not only therapeutic, but I soon realized it resonated with audiences. We’ve all been in those moments of medical crisis and it’s good to laugh about it.”
Four of the comedian’s previous five hour-long stand up specials are on Netflix. They include Jim Gaffigan: King Baby (2009); Jim Gaffigan: Mr. Universe (2012); Jim Gaffigan: Obsessed (2014); and Jim Gaffigan: Cinco (2017). The shows are also available for rent and purchase via Amazon and other streaming providers.
Australian stand-up Jim Jefferies’ comedy special This Is Me Now will also premiere this Friday, on Netflix.
Jefferies promises to take on “’grabby’ celebrities, political hypocrisy and his own ill-advised career moves.”
Netflix subscribers can also watch two other Jefferies’ speciasl on the streamer.
In Jim Jefferies: Bare (2014), he discusses he mother of his child, auditioning disabled actors, and gun control.
His second Netflix special, Jim Jefferies: Freedumb (2016), talks Trump and America during the time of the 2016 Presidential campaign.
- ‘Trigger Warning’ - January 17, 2019
- IMDb’s ‘UnMade’ - January 17, 2019
- ‘Discovery’ Returns - January 16, 2019
- Glutton for ‘Punisher’ - January 14, 2019
- ‘Witches’ & Streamers - January 11, 2019
- Sex Ed Dramedy - January 10, 2019
- 100 Milestone Films - January 9, 2019
- Animation for Adults - January 8, 2019
- Back to the Future Man - January 8, 2019
- Sophomore ‘Friends’ - January 7, 2019