(Above: ‘Mafia Only Kills in Summer’)
On the eve of tomorrow’s premiere of Camorra Connection, which we covered on Friday, subscription streamer MHZ Choice has scheduled two other Italian mafia dramas this summer.
Mafia Only Kills in Summer, coming August 14, has a comic touch. The 24 hour-long episodes, which ran on Italy’s RAI over two seasons in 2016 and earlier this year, tell the coming-of-age story of a boy in Palermo during the late ‘70s amid a backdrop of Mafia activities.
Unlike the MHz series, the following trailer has no subtitles, but a translation is hardly needed:
The Octopus, coming September 18, is a massive thriller looking into the tentacles of the Mafia across all aspects of Italian society. The series ran for 48 episodes over 10 seasons on RAI from 1984 to 2001. Starting in season two, it features a musical score by legendary composer Ennio Morricone (2016 Oscar winner for The Hateful Eight at age 87). Season two is also notable for a recurring role by fellow Oscar winner Martin Balsam (A Thousand Clowns, 1965).
In the following video, several Americans explain their Octopus obsession:
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can currently get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SUMMER18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021