(Above: Kate McKinnon in season 10 of ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee returns for a 10th season tomorrow, July 6, on Netflix.
This season’s lineup includes the late Jerry Lewis, Kate McKinnon, Ellen DeGeneres, Hasan Minhaj, Dana Carvey, Neil Brennan, Tracy Morgan, Brian Regan, Alec Baldwin, Zach Galifinakis, John Mulaney, and Dave Chappelle.
The show, which launched on free streamer Crackle in 2012, features Seinfeld chauffeuring a celebrity, usually a comic or comedic actor, in a vintage car to a local eatery for a cup of Joe and a casual conversation about show business and the vagaries of life. The entire series moved in 2017 to subscription streamer Netflix.
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee made headlines recently when it was revealed that the pilot episode’s producer, Christian Charles, filed a lawsuit in February claiming that it was he, not Seinfeld who originated the concept. Seinfeld is arguing that Charles sued only after learning how lucrative the Netflix arrangement was. Charles is seeking both credit and financial compensation.
You can watch the new 12-episode season, and the previous nine seasons, with a Netflix subscription.
- Indie Show Must Go Online - July 15, 2020
- ‘Lake of Death’ on Shudder - July 14, 2020
- Gershwin Opera on PBS - July 14, 2020
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020