(Above: Scene from Netflix’s ‘GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
GLOW, the 1980s-era Netflix series starring Alison Brie as one of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, returns for a second season of 10 half-hour episodes this Friday, June 29.
The night before, however, you can tune to Shout Factory TV’s free Twitch channel at 9 pm ET for The Original GLOW Livestream, a three-hour salute to the actual ‘80s show that inspired the Netflix series.
The Shout Factory show will include Brawlin’ Beauties GLOW, a 90-minute documentary about the original show, plus new interviews with GLOW host Johnny C. and GLOW stars Hollywood and Godiva. Live-streamed from the Santino Bros. Wrestling Academy in Los Angeles, the GLOW folks will tackle such subjects as how the new series compares to the original, how GLOW “brought female empowerment to a male-dominated sport” and how women in wrestling have evolved since.
You can also stream Brawlin’ Beauties GLOW right now on Shout Factory TV.
Another documentary about the original series, the 76-minute GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, is available now to Netflix subscribers, along with GLOW’s first 10-episode season. Go to Netflix for the documentary and netflix.com/GLOW for the series.
Here are trailers for GLOW’s second season and the Netflix documentary:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021